Ye Liu received the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electronic Science and Engineering from Southeast University, Nanjing, China, in 2013 and 2018, respectively. He was a Visiting Scholar with Montana State University, Bozeman, MT, USA from October 2014 to October 2015. He was a visiting Ph.D. Student from February 2017 to January 2018 with the Networked Embedded Systems Group, RISE Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS). He is currently a Researcher with Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China. He has authored or co-authored papers in several prestigious journals, such as the IEEE Communications Magazine, IEEE IoT Journal, IEEE TII, ACM TECS, and IEEE Network. Dr. Liu was awarded the 1st place of the EWSN Dependability Competition in 2019.
- Networked Embedded Sensing System: Designing and implementing communication protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks, NB-IoT and Internet of Things.
- Energy Harvesting System: Designing and implementing self-sustained sensing systems harvesting energy from light, radio frequency signal, vibration, microbial fuel cells and sound.
- Embedded Machine Learning: Designing and implementing lightweight and distributed machine learning algorithms for resource-constrained sensing devices.
- [IEEE TII] From Industry 4.0 to Agriculture 4.0: Current Status, Enabling Technologies, and Research Challenges.
Ye Liu, Xiaoyuan Ma, Lei Shu, Gerhard Petrus Hancke, and Adnan M. Abu-Mahfouz.
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2020.
- [IEEE Network] Internet of Things for Noise Mapping in Smart Cities: State-of-the-Art and Future Directions.
Ye Liu, Xiaoyuan Ma, Lei Shu, Qing Yang, Yu Zhang, Zhiqiang Huo, and Zhangbing Zhou.
IEEE Network, 2020.
- [IEEE INFOCOM] Harmony: Saving Concurrent Transmissions from Harsh RF Interference.
Xiaoyuan Ma, Peilin Zhang, Ye Liu, Carlo Alberto Boano, Hyung-Sin Kim, Jianming Wei, and Jun Huang.
The 39th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2020.
- [IEEE IoTJ] EcoVibe: On-Demand Sensing for Railway Bridge Structural Health Monitoring.
Ye Liu, Thiemo Voigt, Niklas Wirström, and Joel Höglund.
IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019.
- [ACM TECS] Harvest Energy from the Water: A Self-Sustained Wireless Water Quality Sensing System.
Qi Chen, Ye Liu, Guangchi Liu, Qing Yang, Xianming Shi, Hongwei Gao, Lu Su, and Quanlong Li.
ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, 2017.
- [IEEE ComMag] EcoSense: A Hardware Approach to On-Demand Sensing in the Internet of Things.
Ye Liu, Qi Chen, Guangchi Liu, Hao Liu, and Qiang Yang.
IEEE Communications Magazine, 2016.
Editor, IEEE MMTC Review (December 2018 – Now)
- Special Session Organizer:
Sustainable and Intelligent Precision Agriculture, The 18th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Guangzhou, China, 2020.
- Web Chair:
The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Smart City Innovations (IEEE SCI), Leicester, UK, 2019.
- Technical Program Committee Member:
IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Symposium on Next-Generation Networking & Internet, Montreal, Canada, 2021.
The 23rd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN), Paris, France, 2020.
The 11th International Workshop on Collaborative Computing with Cloud and Client (C4W), Guangzhou, China, 2020.
IEEE Communications Magazine
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
IEEE Internet of Things Journal
Springer Mobile Networks and Applications
KeAi Digital Communications and Networks
- Peer Appraisal Expert
National Science Foundation of China (NSFC)